[mvapich-discuss] How to configure mvapich2-1.7 with Shared-Memory-CH3 interface?

Jonathan Perkins perkinjo at cse.ohio-state.edu
Tue Dec 6 08:48:38 EST 2011

What section 4.5 is stating is that the default CH3 channel supports
shared memory communication without the need for an InfiniBand
adapter.  If you want to use the default, you do not need to specify
any special configuration options.  You can explicitly provide
``--with-device=ch3:mrail --with-rdma=gen2'' if you choose so.

2011/12/6 Tong Jun <tongjun at cn.fujitsu.com>:
> Hi MVPICH2 Supporter
>
> I downloaded a document named "mvapich2-1.7_user_guide.pdf" from
> http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/support/mvapich2-1.7_user_guide.pdf
>
> In Section 4.5 it said "The default CH3 channel provides native support
> for shared memory communication on stand alone multicore nodes that are
> not equipped with InfiniBand adapters. The steps to configure CH3
> channel explicitly can be found in Section 4.4.".
>
> But I can not find any instruction about how to configure a build for
> Shared-Memory-CH3 in section 4.4 at all.
> Can any body tell me how to configure with Shared-Memory-CH3 interface?
>
> Thanks,
> Tong.

Jonathan Perkins
http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~perkinjo