[mvapich-discuss] mvapich2_installation

zqj zqj at mail.ustc.edu.cn
Thu Aug 25 04:50:08 EDT 2011

Dear sir:

When I tried to install mvapich2, I configured with the following options:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mvapich2 --with-device=ch3:nemesis --enable-shared  CC="gcc -m64"

Then, I got the the following messages:

configure: WARNING: Structures containing long doubles may be aligned differently
from structures with floats or longs.  MPICH2 does not handle this case automatically
and you should avoid assumed extents for structures containing float types.
configure: WARNING: File locks may not work with NFS.  See the Installation and
users manual for instructions on testing and if necessary fixing this
configure: WARNING: " -fvisibility=hidden" has been added to the hwloc CFLAGS
configure: WARNING: valgrind.h not found
/tmp/mvapich2-1.7rc1/src/pm/mpirun/configure: line 4153: PAC_PROG_CHECK_INSTALL_WORKS: command not found
/tmp/mvapich2-1.7rc1/src/pm/mpirun/configure: line 4154: PAC_PROG_MKDIR_P: command not found
/tmp/mvapich2-1.7rc1/src/pm/mpirun/configure: line 4155: PAC_PROG_MAKE: command not found
config.status: WARNING:  'sbin/mpecheckinstall.in' seems to ignore the --datarootdir setting
jobsconfigure: WARNING:  Invalid JNI include dir, exit!
configure: WARNING: SLOG2SDK: No sub-package has been configured
configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --with-device, --enable-shared, --disable-checkerrors
configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --with-device, --enable-shared, --disable-checkerrors
config.status: WARNING:  'src/packaging/envmods/mpich2.module.in' seems to ignore the --datarootdir setting

I ignored these warnings, and went on installing. When I finished, I can run mpiexec on one node:

/usr/local/mvapich2/bin/mpiexec -n 4 -hosts node0 hostname

but When I tried to use more than one node,

/usr/local/mvapich2/bin/mpiexec -n 4 -hosts node0 node1 hostname

I got the following error message:

[proxy:0:0 at node0] HYDU_create_process (./utils/launch/launch.c:69): execvp error on file node1 (No such file or directory)

I'm wondering if this has something to do with the warning I got above? Or is it related to something else?

Thanks
Qijing Zheng

2011-08-25

zqj