[mvapich-discuss] Job Suspend and Resume

Jonathan Perkins perkinjo at cse.ohio-state.edu
Fri Aug 19 09:48:42 EDT 2011

Hello, I suggest using the hydra process manager for this.  If
you build MVAPICH2 with the default process managers you
can execute an mpi program using `mpiexec -n 2 ./mpiprog'
and suspend at the terminal by pressing Ctlr+Z.  To resume
you can type `fg' at the command prompt.

We're working to add this functionality to mpirun_rsh in an
upcoming release as well.

For more information on running with hydra please take a look
at http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/support/user_guide_mvapich2-1.7rc1.html#x1-260005.2.2.

On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 6:35 AM, Jayavant Patil
<jayavant.patil82 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     How to suspend and resume mvapich2 job?
>
> --