[mvapich-discuss] Is there any way to use mvapich2 on cluster without ib?

Brock Palen brockp at umich.edu
Thu Aug 18 14:40:01 EDT 2011

Actually I take back what I said, (sorry only have used mvapich on ib machines)

>From the page:
http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/overview/mvapich2/

TCP/IP-Nemesis: The standard TCP/IP interface (provided by MPICH2 Nemesis channel) to work with a range of network adapters supporting TCP/IP interface. This interface can be used with IPoIB (TCP/IP over InfiniBand network) support of InfiniBand also. However, it will not deliver good performance/ scalability as compared to the other interfaces.

It looks like they have nemesis left in mvapich2 which should let you use TCP networks.  So I stand corrected.

Brock Palen
www.umich.edu/~brockp
Center for Advanced Computing
brockp at umich.edu