[mvapich-discuss] non-consecutive rank to host mapping?

vaibhav dutt vaibhavsupersaiyan9 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 13:14:59 EDT 2011

Hi,

Can you provide the contents of your hostfile. It seems your are
using cyclic rank placement.
For block rank placement, you should write the hostname no. of times as much
as there are
cores in a host i.e

host1
host1
host1
host1
host2
host2
host2
host2

will put rank 0,1,2,3 on host1 and 4,5,6,7 on host 2.
Whereas

host1:4
host2:4

will put rank 0,2,4,6 on host1 and 1,3,5,7 on host2.