[mvapich-discuss] mpirun won't pass environment variables?

James R. Leek leek2 at llnl.gov
Thu Apr 14 19:26:05 EDT 2011

On 04/14/2011 04:00 PM, Jonathan Perkins wrote:
> Please try using mpirun_rsh instead of mpirun.
>
> You can find more information on this at:
> http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/support/mvapich_user_guide-1.2rc1.html#x1-180005.2

OK, that still doesn't pass them on automatically, but it does work if I
define the variables on the command line.

[leek2 at m0011 mpitest]$ mpirun_rsh -ssh -np 2 -hostfile $PBS_NODEFILE
mpi-helloworld
Hello World from 1 m0011.mana!
Hello World from 0 m0011.mana!
COOP_name: (null)
COOP_name: (null)

[leek2 at m0011 mpitest]$ mpirun_rsh -ssh -np 2 -hostfile $PBS_NODEFILE
COOP_name=hi mpi-helloworld
Hello World from 1 m0011.mana!
Hello World from 0 m0011.mana!
COOP_name: hi
COOP_name: hi

I didn't realize mpirun_rsh was really any different.  If there any way
to get them to pass automatically?

--
Jim Leek
leek2 at llnl.gov