[mvapich-discuss] MVAPICH2 1.5 hwloc issue

Eoin McHugh eoin.mchugh at ichec.ie
Tue Sep 14 13:17:29 EDT 2010

Hi,

I am building MVAPICH2 1.5 and would like to take advantage of hwloc for
processor affinity. My issue is that hwloc won't work for me unless I
build it separately as a shared library that I provide to MVAPICH2 at
build time. If I build MVAPICH2 with either it's internal version of
hwloc or with an external static library build of hwloc processor
affinity doesn't work when tested.

I'm building it on a SLES 11 SP1 systemw with both GCC 4.3.4 and Intel
11.1.072 and have configured MVAPICH2 with the the following options:

    ./configure --prefix=/path/to/install --enable-f77 --enable-f90 --enable-cxx --enable-romio --enable-debuginfo --with-mpe

I have also tried a recent nightly tarball of MVAPICH2 1.5 with the same
results.

Has anyone else experienced this issue or does anyone have a suggestion
what may be causing this issue in my case?

Eoin McHugh
ICHEC Systems Team