[mvapich-discuss] mpirun_rsh -v does not show version information for mvapich2

Jonathan Perkins perkinjo at cse.ohio-state.edu
Wed Oct 13 11:29:50 EDT 2010

Hello Manhui, it looks like this was dropped when ported to mvapich2.
We'll take a look at this but we suggest using mpiname in order to
figure out the version information (and build flags) with mvapich2.

If you'd like more information on using mpiname, please take a look at
http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/support/user_guide_mvapich2-1.5.1.html#x1-440007

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 10:41 AM, Manhui Wang <wangm9 at cardiff.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It does not give version information as expected with command
> "mpirun_rsh -v" for mvapich2(1.5.1p1):
>
> mpirun_rsh -v
> Unknown option
> usage: mpirun_rsh [-v] [-sg group] [-rsh|-ssh] [-paramfile=pfile]
> [-debug] -[tv] [-xterm] [-show] [-legacy] -np N(-hostfile hfile | h1 h2
> ... hN) a.out args | -config configfile (-hostfile hfile |h1 h2 ... hN)]
> Where:
>        sg         => execute the processes as different group ID
>

> while for mvapich(mvapich-1.2rc1) it shows the version information:
> mpirun_rsh -v
> OSU MVAPICH VERSION 1.2-SingleRail
> Build-ID: custom
>

> It would be helpful if -v option can give useful information like
> version for mvapich2.
>
> Thank you
> Manhui

Jonathan Perkins