[mvapich-discuss] Seg fault in MPI_Finalize with many windows

James Dinan dinan at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Oct 8 17:13:27 EDT 2010

Hi,

I'm getting a seg fault during MPI_Finalize after creating more than 64
windows.  I have attached a small test code that exercises the bug, it
creates N windows and then frees them.

I first noticed the bug with mvapich2-1.4.1-intel on Glenn at OSC where
it happens with more than 16 windows and confirmed it with mvapich2
1.5.1p1 where it happens with more than 64 windows.

This limitation on the number of windows will be a problem for an
application we're working on here.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
  ~Jim.