[mvapich-discuss] mvapich compilation problem

Sayantan Sur surs at cse.ohio-state.edu
Tue Nov 30 10:42:09 EST 2010

Hi Tony,

Sorry for the late reply. I tried out the MVAPICH-1.2rc1 tarball with
GNU compilers and didn't face any problems. Here is my compilation
command:

surs at node001:/tmp/surs/mvapich-1.2rc1 10:38 AM> IBHOME=/usr
IBHOME_LIB=/usr/lib64 PREFIX=/tmp/surs/mvapich-gnu CC=gcc CXX=g++
F77=g77 F90=gfortran ./make.mvapich.gen2

I see from your output that the make system is trying to use ICC
compilers, but your email says that you tried GNU. Could you try this
again with a fresh tarball in a new directory with the exact same
command as mine?

Also, I see that your CXX is pointing to gcc not g++. Don't know if
that makes any difference.

> PREFIX=${PREFIX:-/usr/local/mvapich-gnu}
> export CC=${CC:-gcc}
> export CXX=${CXX:-gcc}
> export F77=${F77:-g77}
> export F90=${F90:-gfortran}