[mvapich-discuss] stack smashing detected

Nick Rathke nick at sci.utah.edu
Tue Nov 9 14:13:48 EST 2010

Hi,

We have a small 64 node cluster running RHEL 5.4 and mvapich 1.2.0 and
we have started getting the error " *** stack smashing detected ***:
/usr/bin/ssh terminated " on some of our nodes but not others, when all
of the node are identical.

I have been searching the web for this error but haven't found anything
that would help me debug this or even tell if this is a mvapich or ssh
error.

Nick Rathke
Scientific Computing and Imaging Institute
IT Manager and Sr. Systems Administrator
nick at sci.utah.edu
www.sci.utah.edu