[mvapich-discuss] MVAPICH1 Latency Tuning

Dhabaleswar Panda panda at cse.ohio-state.edu
Thu Mar 18 01:08:43 EDT 2010

Hi Hideyuki,

Thanks for your reply. Based on the detailed information you have
provided, it might be best for you to contact Voltaire to get the right
set of tuning parameters for you cluster and applications. Different MPI
stacks have different techniques for obtaining the best performance and
scalability. Since you are not using MVAPICH, it is hard for us to provide
any help here.

As Sayantan indicated earlier, some of the configuration set up parameters
do not look good. You might be running your IB cluster with an older stack
including the MPI. This might be leading to some of the poor performance
and memory scalability you are observing.

If you plan to upgrade your cluster with the latest OpenFabrics stack and
with the latest version of MVAPICH/MVAPICH2, we will be happy to extend
help.

Best Regards,

DK