[mvapich-discuss] Significance of process 0 in MPI operation.

Krishna Chaitanya Kandalla kandalla at cse.ohio-state.edu
Fri Jan 22 09:13:31 EST 2010

Neha,
         The role played by a particular process in an MPI collective
communication operation depends on the nature of the algorithm that is
used. You can probably go over the MPI standard and some of the related
publications to learn more about these operations and the associated
algorithms.  If you are interested in Alltoall in particular, we choose
between three algorithms, depending on the message size and the system
size.  But, in any case, the received buffers shouldnt get clobbered.
Can you please share your code with us?

Thanks,
Krishna