[mvapich-discuss] Question on building MVAPICH2 on IBM iDataPlex

Michael E. Thomadakis michael-t at neo.tamu.edu
Fri Feb 19 15:41:56 EST 2010

Hello,

we are planning to deploy MVAPICH2 along other popular MPI stacks on an
iDataPlex cluster (8 core 2.8GHz Nehalems, 324 nodes, 4x QDR IB and
DDNS2A9900 storage)

I was wondering if compiling MVAPICH2 with the latest Intel compiler set
has any real advantages as opposed to using GNU. Are there any things to
watch for when we build suing GNU or Intel compilers?

Thank you much ...

Michael

--
% Michael E. Thomadakis, Ph.D.  Senior Lead Supercomputer Engineer/Res \