[mvapich-discuss] Re: mvapich2 and Intel MPI Benchmarks

Bryan Putnam bfp at purdue.edu
Sat Sep 19 00:00:04 EDT 2009

On Fri, 18 Sep 2009, Bryan Putnam wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I just wondered if you'd had a chance to try out the Intel MPI Benchmarks
> with mvapich2. IMB-3.2 is what I'm currently running.
>
> We've had no problems with the latest mpich2-1.1.1p1, however when using
> mvapich2-1.4rc2 or mvapich2-1.4rc1 (on both our IB and iWARP clusters)
> the benchmarks are failing, for example even a simple
>
> mpiexec -np 8 ./IMB-MPI1
>
> will result in errors such as

I've discovered that these errors don't occur if each of the 8 processors
is on a separate node. In fact if I disable "shared memory collectives"
by setting the variable

MV2_USE_SHMEM_COLL=0

then the Intel MPI Benchmark seems to be happy even when the processors
are on a single node, and things work fine on both the IB and iWARP
clusters.

Bryan