[mvapich-discuss] RE: Could you upgrade "mpirun_rsh" command

Jonathan Perkins perkinjo at cse.ohio-state.edu
Mon Oct 26 11:41:30 EDT 2009

Sorry for the delay in replying.  We spent some time reviewing the
options for satisfying this request.  At first glance this issue seems
like it can be better suited to be handled by other mechanisms but I
haven't found any that handles the dynamic setting of a user's effective
group id on a remote machine.  It also doesn't seem trivial to setup the
requested behavior using wrapper script(s) while being friendly enough
for the general user.  Because of this, I think that it may be warranted
to provide a command line option to mpirun_rsh that tells mpispawn to
change its gid to that provided.

I'm not sure if this will make it into our upcoming release.  If not, we
can release this as a patch to you in the meantime and make it generally
available in the next minor or patch release for those who are
interested.