[mvapich-discuss] problem when configuring in MVAPICH2 1.4

Jonathan Perkins perkinjo at cse.ohio-state.edu
Wed Oct 7 09:54:40 EDT 2009

On Wed, Oct 07, 2009 at 01:47:23PM +0200, Iris Pernille Lohmann wrote:
> Dear list members,
>
> I would like to try using MPICH2 with InfiniBand on the high performance computing cluster I am using, so I have downloaded the mvapich2-1.4rc2-3476.gz and unzipped it.
>
> I have problems when running the ./configure.

Hello Iris.  My response is inline.

> I am using Linux with OpenFabricsIB, so following the instructions of the installation guide, I configure with
> ./configure --with-rdma=gen2 >& configure1.log
>
> The configuration fails because the libibumad cannot be found; I attached the configure1.log file, and here is the error message at the end of it:
> ./configure: line 3635: enable_ftb-cr=no: command not found
> checking for the InfiniBand includes path... default
> checking for the InfiniBand library path... default
> checking for library containing umad_init... no
> configure: error: 'libibumad not found. Did you specify --with-ib-libpath=?'
> configure: error: ./configure failed for channels/mrail
> configure: error: Configure of src/mpid/ch3 failed!
>

> Then I configure with
> ./configure --with-rdma=gen2 -with-ib-libpath=/usr/lib64 >& configure2.log
>
> Where /usr/lib64 is the dir containing libibumad.so.1  and libibumad.so.1.0.3

Does libibumad.so exist?  If the link does not exist please create it by
something like:
    ln -s /usr/lib64/libibumad.so.1.0.3 /usr/lib64/libibumad.so

I've seen this behavior before where if the ofed installation is
incomplete the required libibumad.so (and others) link was not created.

If this is the case then you should be able to configure by simply using
./configure without specifying any of the extra options.

--
Jonathan Perkins
http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~perkinjo