[mvapich-discuss] Problem with mvapich1.0 on job dead due to mpi process wait too long on mpi_barrier ??

Terrence.LIAO at total.com Terrence.LIAO at total.com
Tue Nov 24 10:46:53 EST 2009

Dear Mvapich,

Our code has poor loadbalance,  in the final stage of the run,  only one
mpi process will continue to performance calculation, while others wait at
mpi_barrier.  We have encountered problem that run fail, when the wait is
too long?  do you have any advice on how to fix this problem?

Thank you very much.

-- Terrence
Terrence Liao, Ph.D.
Sr. HPC Research Scientist
TOTAL E&P RESEARCH & TECHNOLOGY USA, LLC
1201 Louisiana, Suite 1800, Houston, TX 77002
Tel: 713.647.3498  Fax: 713.647.3638
Email: terrence.liao at total.com