[mvapich-discuss] LS-DYNA with MVAPICH2 job is hung up in the one of condition

Yutaka Kubota kubota at cray.com
Thu Nov 12 21:53:38 EST 2009

Dear MVAPICH2 Discuss team,

This is Yutaka Kubota from Cray Japan.

We have executed LS-DYNA and topcrunch data with MVAPICH2 environment. However This job is always hung up on "3 cars collision" of topcrunch that is over 256 cores and 2 or 4 rails.

Could you investigate about this symptom?
I am waiting for sending me email from charger. If I know charger of this problem, I will send only charger to download URL of execution environment tarball file. because I would not like to broadcast download URL other member. By the way, this tarball file size is 3.1GB, please pay attention to download.

Explanation of word
 Topcrunch
 http://www.topcrunch.org/

 LS-DYNA
 http://www.lstc.com/

Explanation of Directory
 - LS-DYNA
   In LS-DYNA execution files
 - 3cars_0256_MV12
   MVAPICH2 1.2 environment, result was SEGV
 - 3cars_0256_MV14
   MVAPICH2 1.4 environment, result was HUNG-UP

Best regards

Yutaka Kubota