[mvapich-discuss] mpirun_rsh and Chelsio cluster running RHEL5

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Nov 4 22:33:44 EST 2009

On 11/04/2009 08:30 PM, Bryan Putnam wrote:
> OK that's interesting. That did appear to fix the problem. I knew that I
> needed to have MV2_USE_IWARP_MODE=1, but I had it in the environement as
>
> coates-adm 1012% env | grep MV
> MVAPICH2_HOME=/apps/rhel5/mvapich2-1.4/64/ib-intel-11.1.038
> MV2_USE_SHMEM_COLL=0
> MV2_USE_RDMA_CM=1
> MV2_USE_IWARP_MODE=1
>
> So, it appears that it actually needs to be on the mpirun_rsh command line
> as well?

How a process manager passes along environment information to each MPI
process is implementation dependent. MPD and Hydra send out environment
variables they inherit from their shell to the application processes by
default. It looks like OSU's mpirun_rsh doesn't do that. In general,
it's always a good idea to pass the environment you care about on all
process managers (irrespective of what they do by default).

 -- Pavan

--
Pavan Balaji
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~balaji