[mvapich-discuss] message coalescing

Arthur Yuldashev arthur at mail.rb.ru
Tue May 19 10:14:17 EDT 2009

Hello!

I've read your presentation: Reducing Connection Memory Requirements of
MPI for InfiniBand Clusters: A Message Coalescing Approach.
Could you please explain one moment.
I see that in the examples provided in your presentation different
benchmarks were started with 256 processes, 4 per node.
So messages going from different processes say of node A to node B are
coalesced, aren't they?
Does it work when I have several applications communicating from one
node with other nodes,
could messages from different applications be coalesced?

Best regards,
Arthur