[mvapich-discuss] Bandwidth on single hca dual port multirail configuration

Matthew Koop koop at cse.ohio-state.edu
Wed Mar 4 20:42:33 EST 2009

Jie,

Just to followup on Dr. Panda's question -- what is the speed of card (SDR
or DDR?). Also, are you using uDAPL or the Gen2 interface? If you are
using the uDAPL interface there is no multirail support, so you would not
see higher performance from two ports.

The bandwidth you report is generally the bandwidth one sees from a Gen1
interface. As I mentioned earlier, if you have a Gen2 card and bus you
should see even higher (1700+ MB/sec) from a single port. You may want to
verify that your card has the Gen2 firmware.

Matt