[mvapich-discuss] (no subject)

nilesh awate nilesh_awate at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 4 08:52:17 EST 2009

Hi all,

I am using mvapich2-1.2p1 with udapl adi over proprietary interconnect

previously we were using mvapich2-1.0.3.

I m using it over  Intel Xeon X5472  @ 3.00GHz (8 nodes 8 cores each) cluster

But I m not able to fire more than 6 processes over a cluster

it just get stuck after connection establishment(used debug messeges in our library)

i have observed the same thing over Mellanox card(OpenIB-cma).

mpdboot way of firing process is working fine (but it is not recommended as you say)

Foll. are environment variables that i set before run

$ export PATH=/home/user/pn_mpi/mpi-bin1.2/bin/:$PATH

$ which env
/usr/bin/env

$which mpispawn
/home/user/pn_mpi/mpi-bin1.2/bin/mpispawn

set in  ~/.bashrc

I have read FAQ for the same but didn't find much information

waiting for reply

Nilesh

      Connect with friends all over the world. Get Yahoo! India Messenger at http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/?wm=n/