[mvapich-discuss] compiling MVAPICH against GCC-4.3.3

Michael Rapson rpsmic001 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 09:11:01 EDT 2009

Hi there Jonathan,

Thanks for the patch, I applied it and it fixed the c++ problem.

I was able to build the library, but needed to use a work around for
an unrelated problem (I think). For some reason the value of
MPI_ADDRESS_KIND and MPI_OFFSET_KIND in mpif.h (all copies) is not
determined correctly. I  edited all versions of mpif.h by hand and
gave these terms the value 8 (found in other mvapich install) then ran
make mpi-modules, make install, and make mpi-lib-test.

The library passed all its internal checks and I was planning to send
you a note letting you know that it worked once I had run some of the
tests in packages depending on mpi. (PETSc and Trilinos) cracking the
llsubmit script is taking longer than I thought though (I am getting
"Child exited abnormally!" errors which I see from the archives can be
related to the scheduler (the cluster uses Tivoli Load Leveler
software).

So summary, thanks I am 90% sure the patch worked on my system but am
tracking down the correct submission script before I can be certain.
Thanks for the help!

Cheers,
Michael