[mvapich-discuss] Building mvapich with GNU GCC 4.3 or higher.

Atencio, Jonathan Gerald jgatenc at sandia.gov
Wed Jun 17 17:08:25 EDT 2009

Hello,

I noticing that I am attempt to build mvapich using gcc 4.3.2 I no longer see the mpicxx or mpiCC wrappers for c++. Instead, I now  the following error in my configure log:

checking whether selected C++ compiler can compile iostream.h... no!...Cannot use g++

It would appear that since g++ could not compile iostream.h, that it does not build the c++ portion of mvapich. I can build mvapich with gcc 4.1 with no issues. I notice in the GCC 4.3 release notes (http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.3/porting_to.html) that iostream.h header was removed. Is there a way to build mvapich using gcc 4.3 or higher?

Thank you,

Jonathan