[mvapich-discuss] Processor affinity (slightly special case)

Dhabaleswar Panda panda at cse.ohio-state.edu
Fri Jun 12 07:35:06 EDT 2009

Without the knowledge of your application, it is very hard to know what is
going on here. However, both MVAPICH and MVAPICH2 have an option of
`blocking progress mode'. This allows you to run more number of processes
than the number of cores available. For MVAPICH2 1.4, the runtime
environmental variable to select this mode is MV2_USE_BLOCKING. More
details are available in the user guide at the following location:

http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/support/user_guide_mvapich2-1.4rc1.html#x1-14600011.60

For MVAPICH, the rumtime environmental variable is VIADEV_USE_BLOCKING.
More details on this flag are available in the user guide at the following
location:

http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/support/mvapich_user_guide-1.1.html#x1-1040009.3.19

See if this mode helps.

Thanks,