[mvapich-discuss] MVAPICH and MOLCAS

Matthew Koop koop at cse.ohio-state.edu
Tue Jun 9 15:02:34 EDT 2009

Pawel,

By 'subsequent jobs', what do you mean? If the process has exited and the
memory is still free'd we have not heard of such a problem with our
library.

In the 1.1 branch we have made changes to help with issues where the MPI
library was shown to be using too much memory (and failing in some cases).
In this case a 'free' was not really unpinning memory immediately, so a
'free' immediately followed by a large malloc (and touching of that
buffer) could run the machine out of memory.

If you think this might be the problem then the following place is where
you can download the latest tarball:

http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/nightly/mvapich/branches/1.1

>From your description though I think it may be a GA issue.

Matt