[mvapich-discuss] Re: Problems with hostname resolution and MPI_INIT() (Mike Heinz)

Mike Heinz michael.heinz at qlogic.com
Wed Jan 14 10:06:37 EST 2009

Ugh.

Yeah, we used to have a habit of naming our IB addresses things like "hostname_IB" or "hostname_INIC" which worked great until it completely scrambled the name resolution on some new machines we were using. That's when we found out that dashes are legal but underscores aren't.

That was a fun week, getting all the names straightened out.

--
Michael Heinz
Principal Engineer, Qlogic Corporation