[mvapich-discuss] x86 and IBM QS22 blades together

pralle at welfenlab.de pralle at welfenlab.de
Tue Aug 18 11:52:07 EDT 2009

Hello,

  is it possible to use x86-nodes and QS22 blades in an heterogeneous cluster?
In the manpage I found:

SPECIFYING HETEROGENEOUS SYSTEMS
        Multiple architectures may be handled by giving multiple -arch
and -np arguments.  For example, to run a pro-
        gram on 2 sun4s and 3 rs6000s, with the local machine being a sun4, use
        mpirun -arch sun4 -np 2 -arch rs6000 -np 3 program
[...]

This doesn't work here.
I tried:
> mpirun -arch cbea -np 1 -arch x86_64 -np 1 -hostfile
> util/machines/machines.%a osu/osu_bw.%a

and got:
Can't open hostfile util/machines/machines.%a

As I understood it, the "%a" should have been replaced by the value of
the "-arch" arguments.

Any help appreciated,
  daniel