[mvapich-discuss] Profiling of osu_mbw_mr test

Dhabaleswar Panda panda at cse.ohio-state.edu
Thu Apr 16 09:52:30 EDT 2009

A couple of points here. When multiple processes are concurrently doing
the data transfer, you need to make sure that they start around the same
time and the communication steps overlap. This is achieved by running the
test for multiple number of iterations. Typically we skip some of the
initial iterations and take average of the remaining iterations. You have
reduced the number of iterations to a smaller value.  You can try to
increase the and see the impact. Also, you may add double-barriers in the
begining to make sure that processes are almost synchronized.

Hope this helps.

DK