[mvapich-discuss] Possibly undesirable mvapich "feature" (was Possible bug)

Lei Chai chai.15 at osu.edu
Thu Sep 25 12:54:48 EDT 2008

Hi Laurence,

By default, mvapich uses cpu affinity and tries to use cpu's starting
from cpu 0. To solve your problem, there are two options:

- Use the VIADEV_CPU_MAPPING env variable as you mentioned. Map to
different cpu sets for different MPI jobs.
- Use the VIADEV_USE_AFFINITY=0 env variable to disable cpu affinity.
The OS will schedule the MPI jobs on different cpu's.

Hope this helps.

Lei