[mvapich-discuss] FW: [mpich-discuss] Odd differences between runs on two clusters / Lost messages?

Nicolas Rosner nrosner at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 22:08:41 EDT 2008

Hi,

>  1. Since your cluster has MVAPICH2 1.0 installed, please test your
>  application using MPICH2 1.0.5p4. If it does not work with MPICH2 1.0.5p4,
>  it will not work with MVAPICH2 1.0.

My program seems to be working OK under MPICH2 1.0.5p4, which I just
built and installed on the 3-machine test cluster.  I ran several test
cases without any visible problems.

>  2. If your program works with MPICH2 1.0.5p4, but not with MVAPICH2 1.0.0,
>  please tell your cluster administrator to update your installation to the
>  latest bugfix release of 1.0 series (MVAPICH2 1.0.3.).

Correct, except they already agreed to try and upgrade to MVAPICH2 1.2
altogether, at some point in the near future. Still, it's very nice to
know that 1.0.3 might also be an option (in case upgrading to 1.2
isn't acceptable for some reason).

Thanks,
Nicolás