[mvapich-discuss] Mvapich2 on windows

Hoot Thompson hoot at ptpnow.com
Fri Sep 12 14:40:21 EDT 2008

Thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: Dhabaleswar Panda [mailto:panda at cse.ohio-state.edu]
Sent: Friday, September 12, 2008 2:38 PM
To: Hoot Thompson
Cc: 'Kirk Hunter'; mvapich-discuss at cse.ohio-state.edu
Subject: RE: [mvapich-discuss] Mvapich2 on windows

> Correction, NetworkDirect is actually a Microsoft product.  So can
> mvapich2 talk to it?

We have not tried it. However, I believe this NetworkDirect interface is
different than the standard OFED libibverbs interface. Thus, MVAPICH2-ofa
interface will not work with it directly unless changes are done to the
MVAPICH2 stack. Might be some people from Microsoft can provide us with more
details and insights to this issue.

Thanks,

DK