[mvapich-discuss] mvapich2-1.2rc2 and -hostfile

Jonathan Perkins perkinjo at cse.ohio-state.edu
Thu Sep 4 13:12:19 EDT 2008

On Thu, Sep 04, 2008 at 06:42:04PM +0200, Bernd Kallies wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-09-04 at 10:36 -0400, Bryan Putnam wrote:
> > I've been experimenting with mvapich2-1.2rc2, and I wonder if you could
> > tell me how to make, for example,
> >
> > -hostfile $PBS_NODEFILE
> >
> > th default specification on the mpirun_rsh command line.
>
> Give Pete Wyckoff's mpiexec a try, it will handle this for you if you
> use a PBS. In addition, it will protect you from all these zombie tasks
> hanging around when batch jobs are aborted, cancelled, ...

This is to clarify that the mpirun_rsh/mpiswpan framework in MVAPICH2
1.2 together with the fixes posted recently do not leave any processes
when jobs get aborted. This new framework also provides much faster and
scalable job start-up.  We recommend MVAPICH2 users to start moving to
this new job start-up framework.

> See
>
> http://www.osc.edu/~pw/mpiexec/index.php
>
> > Thanks,
> > Bryan Putnam

> Dr. Bernd Kallies
> Konrad-Zuse-Zentrum für Informationstechnik Berlin
> Takustr. 7
> 14195 Berlin
> Tel: +49-30-84185-270
> Fax: +49-30-84185-311