[mvapich-discuss] Is negative host_id number from gethostbyname() a problem?

Terrence.LIAO at total.com Terrence.LIAO at total.com
Thu Oct 30 15:56:43 EDT 2008

Jaidev,

It is great to know, this is not a problem.  This IP is correct.  Once I
get the gdb installed,  I will trace down where the code is locked, and
get back to you.

Thank you very much.

-- Terrence

Jaidev Sridhar <sridharj at cse.ohio-state.edu>
10/30/2008 02:47 PM

mvapich-discuss <mvapich-discuss at cse.ohio-state.edu>
cc
Terrence.LIAO at total.com, Brian Stevens <brian at stevens.com>,
John.WANG at total.com, Dhabaleswar Panda <panda at cse.ohio-state.edu>
Subject
Re: [mvapich-discuss] Is negative host_id number from   gethostbyname() a
problem?

Hi Terrence,

To add to what Dr. Panda said, the host_id -486364992 is just a 32 bit
representation of the IP address 192.168.2.227. It does not appear to be
the problem here.

-Jaidev

http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/support/mvapich_user_guide-1.1.html#x1-120004.4.3