[mvapich-discuss] 32 bit mvapich shared libraries

publications publications at kressworks.com
Sat Oct 18 12:16:49 EDT 2008

When installing OFED 1.3.1, the person doing the install is presented with a
option:

--build32            Build 32-bit libraries. Relevant for x86_64 and ppc64
platforms

However, there are no 32 bit shared libraries for mvapich-1.0.1 created,
even though the installation script finishes with "installation successful"

I guess this implies that the OFED software will not provide the 32 bit
mvapich shared libraries. If I use mvapich 1.0.1 alone, how does one get the
32 bit mvapich-1.0.1 libraries built and where will they be located?

My system consists of:

X86_64 quad-core Intel cpu
Centos 5 64 bit OS -a variant of RedHat 5 (ROCKS)
Standard gcc, g77, gfortran, etc that come as a part of Centos 5

Regards,

Jim Kress