[mvapich-discuss] Number of IB QP's

Lars Paul Huse Lars.Paul.Huse at Sun.COM
Wed Oct 15 12:08:27 EDT 2008

Hi Lei,

Thanks for the reply and the pointer :-)

So for a N=4097 node system with P=16 processes per node (i.e. a total
of 65552 MPI processes - not completely unlike a full TACC Ranger run
utilizing all cores) the number of QP's per node with or without APM
will be :

QPpN = (N-1)*P*P = 4k*16*16 = 1M

/lars paul