[mvapich-discuss] 32-bit build of mvapich2-1.2rc2 on 64-bit system

Bryan Putnam bfp at purdue.edu
Tue Oct 7 10:30:26 EDT 2008

Hi All,

I've been successfull in building a 64-bit version of mvapich2-1.2rc2 on
a 64-bit Linux system. In this case our IB drivers libraries are in
/usr/lib64.

Now I'm attempting to do a 32-bit build of mvapich2 (driver libraries are
in /usr/lib) on the same 64-bit system, using 32-bit compilers, etc. Are
there any changes I need to make besides using the configure option

--with-ib-libpath=/usr/lib

I notice that the build scripts seem to check which type of system it is
on (64-bit) and proceeds to attempt a 64-bit build regardless. I suppose
what I'mm looking for is something like an

--arch=ia32

configure option?

Thanks for any help.

Bryan