[mvapich-discuss] invalid communicator

Dan Kokron daniel.s.kokron at nasa.gov
Tue Nov 11 17:37:07 EST 2008

I am seeing the following error message while running under mvapich-1.1rc1.

151 - MPI_SCATTERV : Communicator argument is not a valid communicator
Special bit pattern 37c00000 in communicator is incorrect.  May indicate an
out-of-order argument or a freed communicator

I noticed that a similar issue was raised in this forum in July and was followed up in Sept. with
http://mail.cse.ohio-state.edu/pipermail/mvapich-discuss/2008-September/001916.html

The followup does not indicate the coding error that was fixed.  What
coding error should I be looking for in my code?  Any other suggestions
to try?

mpif90 -show
ln -s /home/dkokron/play/mvapich-1.1rc1/include/mpif.h mpif.h
/usr/local/intel/comp/9.1.052/bin/ifort -L/usr/lib64
-L/home/dkokron/play/mvapich-1.1rc1/lib -lmpichf90nc -lmpich
-L/usr/lib64 -Wl,-rpath=/usr/lib64 -libverbs -libumad -lpthread
-lpthread -lrt

--
Dan Kokron
Global Modeling and Assimilation Office