[mvapich-discuss] is something else turned off by VIADEV_USE_SHMEM_COLL=0 ?

Dan Kokron dkokron at toad.net
Sat Nov 8 21:42:03 EST 2008

I have an application that runs okay with the following command line
using mvapich-1.1rc1 (disabling the SHMEM collectives is necessary to
get it to run).

runs;
mpirun_rsh -ssh -np $NPES -hostfile machinefile VIADEV_USE_SHMEM_COLL=0
./Application

however if I disable each collective individually on a single command
line, it fails in the same manner as when the collectives are defaulted.

e.g.
mpirun_rsh -ssh -np $NPES -hostfile machinefile
VIADEV_USE_SHMEM_ALLREDUCE=0 VIADEV_USE_SHMEM_REDUCE=0
VIADEV_USE_SHMEM_BARRIER=0 VIADEV_USE_SHMEM_BCAST=0
VIADEV_USE_NEW_ALLGATHER=0 ./Application

fails just like ...
mpirun_rsh -ssh -np $NPES -hostfile machinefile ./Application

Does setting VIADEV_USE_SHMEM_COLL=0 disable more code paths than
indicated in the documentation?

Sec 5.4 of
http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/support/mvapich_user_guide-1.1.pdf

--