[mvapich-discuss] Re: problem run mvapich1.0 on AMD quad core cluster

Terrence.LIAO at total.com Terrence.LIAO at total.com
Fri May 23 08:21:39 EDT 2008

Hi, mvapich-discuss

I find a work around on my mvapich problem.  The build with  -D_SMP_ and
-D_SMP_RNDV flags removed from make.mvapich.gen2 works on my cluster.

Thank you very much.

-- Terrence
Terrence Liao, Ph.D.
Research Computer Scientist
TOTAL E&P RESEARCH & TECHNOLOGY USA, LLC
1201 Louisiana, Suite 1800, Houston, TX 77002
Tel: 713.647.3498  Fax: 713.647.3638
Email: terrence.liao at total.com

Terrence LIAO/HOU/US/EP/Corp
05/21/2008 03:34 PM

mvapich-discuss at cse.ohio-state.edu
cc
Terrence LIAO/HOU/US/EP/Corp at E&P
Subject
problem run mvapich1.0  on AMD quad core cluster

Hi, mvapich-discuss,

We have a AMD quad core cluster with RHEL 4.5, OFED 1.2.5 with PGI
compiler.  I build mvapich1.0 as usually, but mpi hello world hung at
MPI_INIT().  I can run with OpenMPI build.  Also, the ib_write_bw and
ibv_rc_pingpong ran fine.  Any clue where I did wrong?

Email: terrence.liao at total.com