[mvapich-discuss] Using RDMA CM with MVAPICH2

Keshetti Mahesh keshetti85-student at yahoo.co.in
Mon May 5 08:24:07 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I want to use the RDMA CM option of MVAPICH2. The procedure described
in the user guide is not much informative. Can anyone here give me the detailed
procedure for using the RDMA CM option. Also, I'll be glad if some one can give
me a document describing how it works in detail.
Actually I have some doubts like, how the IP addresses (???) are
resolved into IB addresses and what happens in the case of nodes two
HCAs (or 1 HCA with two ports) ?

In the MVAPICH2 user guide it is mentioned that "RDMA CM device needs
to be setup, configured with an IP address and connected to the network".
Is this same as configuring IPoIB device ?

-Mahesh