[mvapich-discuss] MVAPICH2 with SLURM PMI

Jonathan Perkins perkinjo at cse.ohio-state.edu
Thu Mar 6 08:18:53 EST 2008

Adam Moody wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to build MVAPICH-2 to use SLURM's PMI, which can be linked in
> via something like "-L/usr/lib64 -lpmi".  Anyone know what I have to do
> during the configure / make to get this to happen?
>
> I'm using the make.mvapich.ofa script, but it keeps selecting it's mpd /
> simple pmi implementation.  The various things I've tried to set either
> blow up during the configure or build with the simple pmi.
> Thanks,
> -Adam

Adam:
Hi, it sounds like you want mpicc to automatically include the slurm pmi
library linking options as you specified.

If this is **not** the case then you can simply build using
make.mvapich2.ofa in the normal way and then build your mpi application
using something like

mpicc -L/usr/lib64 -lpmi mpiapp.c -o mpiapp

If you would like mpicc to do this step for you, you should be able to
export the MPI_LDFLAGS in the make.mvapich2.ofa script before configure
is invoked.  Please let us know if this works for you.

--
Jonathan Perkins
http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~perkinjo