[mvapich-discuss] mpiexec: unable to post a write of the barrier command (fwd)

wei huang huanwei at cse.ohio-state.edu
Thu Jun 5 23:36:15 EDT 2008

Hi Rafael,

smpd is not the default launcher for mpich2, on which our mvapich2 is
based. Thus, there can be issues and unstability with that. We strongly
recommend using mpd based startup.

Is there any specific reason that you want to use daemonless startup?

FYI, we are working on a new mvapich2 release which will have our own
daemonless startup support. It will be available in couple of weeks. Maybe
you can use that once it is released.

Thanks.

-- Wei