[mvapich-discuss] how to set "ulimit -l unlimited" at user level?

Divi Venkateswarlu divi at ncat.edu
Tue Jun 3 13:36:17 EDT 2008

    Hello:

    I am running ROCKS-5 on two DP quad-core machines with mellanox IB HCA cards.
    I compiled mvapich with ifort without any problems.

    I am able to run at root level with NO problems. I could set ulimit -l unlimited to increase
    RLIMIT_MEMLOCK size.  My program (PMEMD of AMBER package) runs on all
    16-cores with no hiccups.

    When I try to set   ulimit -l unlimited at user level, I get the following error message.

      -bash: ulimit: max locked memory: cannot modify limit: Operation not permitted.

   Can somebody help me how to fix this problem?    I am running mvapich-1.0

   Thanks a lot for your help

    Divi