[mvapich-discuss] Problems with mvapich, gfortan and rhel4?

Mike Heinz michael.heinz at qlogic.com
Thu Jul 31 14:18:43 EDT 2008

I've been building test clusters using OFED 1.3.1, which includes
mvapich. One of the problems I've been running into is odd problems with
Fortran90 programs. These programs fail to compile with odd messages
that make me think that mvapich failed to build incorrectly. For
example:

Fatal Error: Reading module mpi at line 4 column 61: Expected left
parenthesis

>From the message, it would appear that mpi.f90 is faulty. But mpi.f90
appears to be created by mvapich during the build process (of mvapich)
and then deleted, which makes it hard to determine for sure.

The one thing I can say is that these machines have both gcc version 3
and gcc version 4 compilers installed and that the default gcc and
fortran compilers are the version 3 ones. Is it possible that this is
causing the problem?

--
Michael Heinz
Principal Engineer, Qlogic Corporation