[mvapich-discuss] MVAPICH2 Installation / Configuration help

Theodore, Alex alex.theodore at hp.com
Mon Jul 7 12:21:39 EDT 2008

I've installed MVAPICH2 (mvapich2-1.2rc1) with the following options:

./configure --prefix=/opt/mvapich2 --with-rdma=gen2 --enable-f90 --enable-f77 --enable-mpe
make
make install

Then I configured the following environment variables in ~/.bashrc:

export MVAPICH2_HOME=/opt/mvapich2
export PATH=$MVAPICH2_HOME/bin:$MVAPICH2_HOME/sbin:$PATH
export MANPATH=$MVAPICH2_HOME/man:$MANPATH

When I try to run the application it doesn't seem to work properly:

1)     Created file called "hosts1" with four compute nodes... each host's hostname on one line
2)     Created .mpd.conf and .mpdpasswd with password on head node, and distributed to compute nodes
3)     Ran "mpirun_rsh -ssh -np 4 -hostfile /root/MPI/hosts1 ./test-alex-bcast" with following output

/usr/bin/env: mpispawn: No such file or directory

Child exited abnormally!
cleanupKilling remote processes.../usr/bin/env: mpispawn: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/env: mpispawn: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/env: mpispawn: No such file or directory
DONE

What am I missing?  I'm sure this is likely a configuration issue.. any help / guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Alex