[mvapich-discuss] SDR & DDR selection in MVAPICH2-uDAPL compilation

Lei Chai chai.15 at osu.edu
Wed Jul 2 12:52:27 EDT 2008

Hi Yogeshwar,

The selection is based on your IB card, whether it is SDR or DDR. Inside
mvapich2-udapl code this information is used for parameter tuning. We
have observed before that different parameter values are needed to yield
best performance for these two kinds of cards.

On a separate topic, if you are using IB, we suggest you use the
OpenFabrics interface in mvapich2, which provides the best performance,
scalability, and fault tolerance.

Lei