[mvapich-discuss] mpiexec/mvapich places processes on same cpu

Joseph Hargitai joseph.hargitai at nyu.edu
Fri Jan 18 19:49:30 EST 2008

Sure, we'll try. I thought it was only an mvapich2 only option. We have .9, so we'll see.

While we are at it - is there an actual way to assign with either version to specific cores? We have a few large multinode obs that can only use 4 out of 8 cores per node due to bus and memory limitations. Is there a way to distribute the processes to cores 1,2 and 5,6 ? ie to skip 0, and split the other 4 to different chips?