[mvapich-discuss] vbuf registration

Brian Budge brian.budge at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 12:37:30 EST 2008

Hi all -

My program is running near to completion, and then dies, complaining:

[vbuf.c 184] Cannot register vbuf region
rank 1 in job 13  burn_40823   caused collective abort of all ranks
  exit status of rank 1: killed by signal 9

I can run several of the osu benchmarks without any problem.

Addtionally, when I run my app without MPI, I can use mmap with the
MAP_LOCKED flag, but when I run with MPI, the first mmap with MAP_LOCKED
fails, saying that some resources weren't available.  If I remove the
MAP_LOCKED flag, I successfully mmap.

These issues may or may not be related (ie. maybe my locked limit is
magically reduced when I run using MPI, and mlock is used in conjunction
with vbuf registration?).

Thanks,
  Brian